As an apartment owner there’s not much you can control in terms of room orientations, plumbing, entrance direction etc. Still it’s important to bring as much positive energy into your home as possible. With this in mind we’ve curated some Vaastu tips that are relevant for all types of apartments.
1. Never have exposed beams visible in your home, in case you do, consider a false ceiling with recessed lights.
2. Recommended vaastu colors are blue, green and yellow.
So find ways to incorporate these into your interior palette. Avoid painting any wall black.
3. Wooden furniture in regular shapes are good for harmony, avoid round or oval shaped furniture. Sheesham, Chandan, Sagawan, Sal or neem wood are auspicious types of wood for homes. Keep furniture atleast three inches away from walls.
4. Place mirrors on north and east walls only, as positive energy comes in from these directions and you don’t want to reflect those away. Use square or rectangular shaped mirrors and place them 4-5 feet above the floor. Don’t place mirrors opposite your bed.
5. Cleanliness is important. Make sure wall paint, flooring, appliances etc. are fresh and well maintained. Dirt and faulty electrical appliances attract negative energy.
6. In the kitchen, place the cooking hob in the south east, cooking should be done facing east. North east direction is best for kitchen sink